Clairemont Williams Family Fire Fund
I recently stopped by the burnt out home of the Williams family. Betty, 90 was inside, her first day back since the fire, although I did not have a chance to speak with her. I did have the opportunity to speak with her daughter Sherrie Dubreuil. As you can imagine she reiterated how tough things are right now. Sherrie wanted me to make sure I made note how appreciative they are of the community support.
If people are looking to make any donations, whether it be monetary or otherwise (they essentially lost everything and are starting over from scratch) there is a fund set up at Wells Fargo as well as a jar at the
Sherrie said her Mom not only lost the house and all of its contents but also her 3 wheeled scooter which gave her a sense of freedom to cruise around the neighborhood and to the strip mall across the street. If anyone knows of a scooter not in use please let me know so I can forward along the information.
The Wells Fargo Account Number is 7847258154. Sherrie assured me it is ok to post as it is for deposits only.
Update from the Go GundMe Page
A HUGE thank you to all the people who have generously donated to our family thus far…
I write today to tell you of the progress we have made in the last couple of days. We have been able to locate a rental home literally around the corner from the house we lost for Betty and Jamie to stay in as their house will be rebuilt. This is HUGE news for them, since they both have limited mobility and the shops in which they like to go to are within walking/”scooter-ing” distance. We’d like to send a big shout out to Anna Lisa and her fiancé Robert for coming to us regarding their property and providing us with the first opportunity to rent it out…you two are ANGELS!!
While we prepare for the rental home to be ready, they we remain in the current hotel room they have been staying in since the fire. They are comfortable, but as I am sure you can imagine, the cabin fever is setting in. We have been offered a number of donations for kitchen essentials, but that is just the beginning of their needs. Just imagine having to restock your entire home…because that’s exactly what lies ahead for them. Dining room table and chairs will have to be purchased, as well as couches, mattresses, sheets, towels, bed frames and more. We are asking for donations to help with these expenses because the insurance will only cover so much of the value of the items they had.
The house will have to be torn down to the slab and rebuilt. This project will most likely put them out of their home until next Christmas. Although they are fortunate enough to have a place to stay until then, as the saying goes….There’s no place like home!
Thank you again to everyone! We appreciate all your support! From the bottom of our hearts, much love and thanks to all! The Williams Family
Hello Clairemont neighborhood, As some of you may know on 12/20/2014 a Clairemont house caught fire. The house on Mt.Acadia was my 89 year old Grandmothers.
My family was blessed in the fact that both my Grandmother and Uncle were not home, however the families two dogs were home and unfortunately one dog Willy did not make it. The other dog Shoebottie did get rescued in the fire and is recovering comfortably now in a hotel with my Grandmother and Uncle.
I would like to share our fundraising page with all of you in hope to raise funds for the ongoing expenses resulting after the fire. My Grandmother is 89 years old and has resided in her Clairemont home for over 45 years.
The fire took everything she had… From her daily medical necessities to her most treasured keepsakes. The vet bills for the surviving dog have also been a hardship, unfortunately our family was strapped with a large bill for the animal emergency room.
I ask that you please take a look at our funding page and if you can’t donate, please help spread the word via word of mouth or social media. Thanks in advance.
photo from the Williams Family Fire Fund “Go Fund Me Page”