Who to Call at the City of San Diego

I receive a lot of phone calls from readers about who should I call or do you have a number for…..

Below is a list of the most frequently requested numbers or city departments to some common questions.  I want to thank Jeff Powell in the office of San Diego City Councilor Scott Sherman who assisted in compiling this list.  To research many more departments/services from the City of San Diego visit www.SanDiego.gov



Neighborhood Cleanups

I Love A Clean San Diego at (619) 291-0103

For help planting, organizing, and carrying out cleanups.  It will provide trash bags, dumpsters, publicity, and some volunteer helpers, as well as speakers and informational material on ways to protect the environment.

Special Trash Pickups

Call the City’s Solid Waste Enforcement Unit at (858) 492-5055 to find out when special pickups are planned in your neighborhood.


Crime Prevention Information

Tips on Preventing Crime

Call the SDPD Neighborhood Policing Resource Team at (858) 523-7049 for copies of the latest papers on home security, vehicle security, personal safety, preventing fraud & identity theft.  Or visitwww.SanDiego.gov/police

Speakers for Community Meetings

Call the SDPD Speakers Bureau at (619) 446-1018 to request talks on topics such as auto theft, burglary, domestic violence, gangs, graffiti vandalism, narcotics, personal safety, robbery, sexual assault and traffic.


Reporting Other Problems


Call the City’s Graffiti hotline at (619) 525 8522 Victims can obtain free recycled paint and supplies to remove graffiti by calling the City Paint Bank Operation at (619) 527-5419

Litter on Private or Public Property Call the city Environmental Services at (858) 694-7000.  Call Parks and Rec at (619) 685 1350 regarding litter on property in a Landscape Maintenance Assessment district



Unsafe Street Conditions

Call city Street Division at (619) 527-7500 to report potholes, cracks, and other street problems with street surfaces, sidewalks, and curbs; missing, damaged, or obscured signs; inoperative street lights and traffic signals.

Needs for New Street Safety Measures

Call City transportation Engineering at (619) 533 3126 to suggest new crosswalks, curb markings, traffic signals, signs, speed bumps, additional street lights, obstruction removal etc.

Street Trees that Need Trimming

Call City Street Division at (619) 527 7500

City Code Violations

Call the City Neighborhood Code Compliance Department’s  Citizen Complaint Intake Line (619) 236-5500 regarding violations of the City’s housing, building, sign, zoning, vehicle parking, weed abatement and other codes.

Sign up to receive the latest news direct to your inbox

Previous articleThe Death Café Comes to Kearny Mesa
Next articleHoliday Schedule for City of San Diego on Martin Luther King, Jr Day