Giving back to the military
In the spirit of giving this holiday season, Mark Di Tommaso, licensed real estate broker and founder of SoCal eRealty, will be gifting $15,000 to a San Diego-based veteran military family. Di Tommaso is now calling for entries that describe a family’s current financial hardship.Retired military families may self-submit entries or be nominated by any U.S. citizen. The selected family will be presented the award at their home on Dec. 23, 2013.
“Beginning my real estate career during the greatest economic down time since the Great Depression meant short sales, and that meant successfully closing deals and helping families,” says Di Tommaso. “Thankfully, I’m seeing fewer short sales, but I know there are still many families out there in great need of assistance and I feel compelled to pay it forward, this year and in the years to come. Choosing a military veteran just makes sense to me. My grandfather is a retired Navy serviceman and I am in awe of veterans every day—it’s the least I could do to give thanks.”
A San Diego native and former middle school teacher, Di Tommaso’s passion for community, San Diego beaches, charity and family continues to be his driving force in all his endeavors. Newly engaged and eager to start his own family, Di Tommaso is thrilled by the promise of providing hope to one of our many deserving veteran families.
Requirements for entry:
- Receiving family must be retired U.S. military
- Receiving family must provide retired military verification form (DD214)
- Receiving family must be a resident of San Diego County for five or more years
- Receiving family must have a minimum of two family members at current address
- Receiving family must have current financial hardship
- Entry must be 300 words or fewer
- Entry must be received by Dec. 18, 2013
Please submit entries to Hope@SoCaleRealty.com by Dec. 18, 2013 at 5 p.m. PST. For more information, please visit www.SoCaleRealty.com or contact Brian Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.