City Offices Closed for Labor Day
All City of San Diego Administrative Offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 3, 2018 in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
- There will be a one-day delay in collection of curbside trash, recyclables and yard waste for customers served by the City’s Environmental Services Department. For example: Monday’s collection will occur on Tuesday and so on, with Friday’s collection occurring on Saturday. Normal collection will resume on Monday, Sept. 10, 2018.
- This schedule is for residents serviced by the City of San Diego only. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
- The City’s Miramar Landfill will be on its normal schedule from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Self-haul customers not allowed after 4 p.m.)
- Chollas Lake will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- San Vicente Reservoir will be open a half-hour before sunrise to sunset.
- All City pools will be open from noon to 4 p.m., with the exception of City Heights swimming pool, which is closed indefinitely.
- Golf courses and starter booths will be open normal hours. Holiday rates will apply.
- All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed including: Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building.
- Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center will be open.
- The Robb Field Skate Park, Rancho Peñasquitos Skate Park, Linda Vista Skate Park, Carmel Valley Skate Park, park de la Cruz Skate Park, Bill and Maxine Wilson Skate Park and the Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park will be open during regular hours.
- Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the city of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port property and in different cities may vary so please read signage provided.
Specific closures within the city on Monday, Sept. 3:
- All Administrative Offices
- All libraries
- All City recreation centers
- Tecolote Nature Center
- Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices
- The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department
- The Family Justice Center – Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
- San Diego Humane Society (Animal control contractor)
- Police and Fire emergency crews will not be impacted.
- Station 38 (Citywide emergency dispatch center) will be on duty.