64 F
Clairemont, California
Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The Unwary Hikers Bane Poison Oak

By Joan Brosnan One of the most frequently asked questions; “Is there Poison Oak in the canyon?” can be answered with an emphatic, “Yes!” Poison oak thrives in the riparian (shady, moist habitats) in our...

Returning to the Pinewood Derby

By Chris O’ConnellRecently I had the opportunity to revisit my youth as I was invited to the Pinewood Derby  of Clairemont Cub Scout Pack 299.  It was great seeing the kids excited about their...

The New Child ID: SmartKidsID- A transformation of technology into child safety!

Either a child gets lost in a public place or needs special treatment in case of a medical emergency – it’s a parents’ worst fear not being able to protect a child in a...

J. Nevin Kleege, Local Bay Park Business Owner & Morena Business Association President Throws...

By J. Nevin Kleege As President of the Morena Business Association, I’ve had the opportunity to work with Kevin Faulconer for several years. Thanks to Kevin’s leadership, our organization and community has thrived. Fortunately for us,...

2014 Mesa College Distinguished Alumni Award Nominations Now Being Accepted

Greetings fellow Olympians! Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 Mesa College Distinguished Alumni Award. The purpose of the award program is to recognize former students who have made significant contributions to society, and whose...

Attention Local Business Owners

Would you like to support a local youth organization celebrating their 58thyear in Clairemont?  Could your business utilize exposure to several hundred families all living in Clairemont? Why not donate an item, gift card, or...

San Diego’s Second CicloSDias Rides into Coastal Communities on March 30

CicloSDias returns to San Diego to bring people out of their cars and into the streets Back by popular demand, the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition proudly announces its second-ever CicloSDias in the streets of Pacific Beach...

Are You a Tree Person?

City of SD, seeking District 6 nominee for Community Forest Advisory Board! The Community Forest Advisory Board-CFAB has a vacant position representing District 6. Do you live in Clairmont, Kearney Mesa, Mira Mesa or Rancho...

Centennial Celebration at Cabrillo National Monument

Military History Event - Dec 7-8 The Centennial Celebration at Cabrillo National Monument is set to be held this weekend December 7 -8, 2013, with the commemorative 100th anniversary ceremony taking place Sunday December 8 at 3PM. Centennial activities...

Hope for the Holidays: San Diego Real Estate Agency to Gift Veteran Military Family...

Giving back to the military In the spirit of giving this holiday season, Mark Di Tommaso, licensed real estate broker and founder of SoCal eRealty, will be gifting $15,000 to a San Diego-based veteran military...

luxury clone