The Interstate 5 off-ramp to Balboa Avenue will be closed June 14-17, while crews install a permanent traffic signal and widen the off-ramp to add a second lane. To accommodate this work, the following closure and lane restrictions will be in effect:
- A full weekend closure of the northbound Interstate 5 off-ramp to Balboa Avenue will begin at 9 p.m. on Friday, June 14, and run through 5 a.m. on Monday, June 17.
- Lane restrictions will be in place on Balboa Avenue/Garnet Avenue between Mission Bay Drive and Moraga Avenue during the closure, to allow for one lane of travel in each direction. One lane of eastbound traffic will be shifted to westbound Balboa Avenue/Garnet Avenue.
This is continuing work for the installation of a permanent traffic signal at the intersection of the off-ramp and Balboa Avenue. Following the weekend closure, the traffic signal is anticipated to become operational and the improved off-ramp will open to traffic.
*Construction schedules may change with very little notice.
What to Expect:
- Detour routes and signage will be in place. Please heed all traffic signs and use caution when traveling near the work area.
- Construction activities will include roadway construction work and traffic light installation.
- This work requires the use of heavy machinery and will generate noise.
- Crews will minimize impacts as much as possible.
To be added to the project email list, visit KeepSanDiegoMoving.com/MidCoast.